Receipt Credit: Ambitious Kitchen
Delicious low-fat, naturally gluten-free chocolate chip fudge brownies made with fiber-packed black beans and creamy avocado. No one will taste the sneaky ingredients in these healthy flourless brownies!
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 of a large extra ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (important to use a VERY good quality powder!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of choice, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. If the batter is WAY too thick and won’t process then add in a teaspoon or two of water. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies.
- Add in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips. You can also fold in nuts or swirl in peanut butter. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely on a wire rack then cut into 12 delicious squares.